5/25/11

Barney Help

Barney lends a hand!

New framing and some sheathing
My entry was in rough shape. Barney has been telling me he would stop by to give me a hand. He did last week and we decided that working on the entry would be a good project.  We quickly decided to peel off a layer to see what was going on underneath.  Before you know it, the whole thing was demolished.

Then came the shock.  There was a huge load of trash underneath the house.  The previous owner decided it would be cheaper and easier just to dump his trash under the house!  Within a few hours I had taken a pickup load of trash to the dump. Cost: $25.00.
Barney working on the bench

So, Barney started from the dirt and built up the structural frame. Then we sheathed it with a pile of 1x6 DF planks that I thankfully got for free through Greg. Over 3 days Barney rebuilt my entry with a little bench for shoe shedding.

My job was then to sand and stain.  Done as of yesterday. I'm happy!
Barney's work is done

Ready for sanding and stain


Done, with a newly framed picture