6/11/18

Project #7: Learn all the notes on the guitar fretboard.

I've been playing guitar more or less continuously for about 15 years. Amazingly and ashamedly, I haven't bothered to learn the notes on the guitar fretboard. The whole fretboard. That ends this week.

Not sure at this point which methodology I'm going to use. I'll experiment a bit, but I'm thinking I'll start by choosing a single note, then finding all of those notes on the fretboard. All the "E's", "A's", etc.

7/14/18
This is a long term project. Duh! Wow is this hard.  I've made a series of flashcards to help with this. I'm try to do this from multiple angles: all notes on each string, all notes at the 3rd fret, etc.  There is not clear winner for me ... yet.  Speaking to a friend, I heard him say this takes years. Oy. No. Don't have years.  Giving myself to the end of the year.