8/7/18

Yes, It's Adulterated



For the last 5 years or so, I've been mixing coconut oil and butter in my coffee. And, I love it.

I use the highest quality ingredients I can afford. Grass fed cows from Ireland make the butter. Organic virgin coconut oil from trees in the Philippines. Arabica beans from Mataquescuintla, Guatemala.1 This is an effort I usually don't undertake with my other food choices, but the results have been great for me. I've lost weight, gained energy and feel sated until noon, which means I rarely eat breakfast. Go here if you want to know all about it.

I toss the 3 ingredients in a blender and get smooth, creamy latte-like coffee without milk or sugar. TRY IT.


1.Some trivia. Mataquescuintla played a significant role during the first half of the nineteenth century, when it was the center of operations of conservative general Rafael Carrera, who led a Catholic peasant revolution against the liberal government of Mariano Gálvez in 1838, and then ruled Guatemala from 1840 until his death in 1865.